SCHOLAR-ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
Now accepting applications for the 2019/2020 school year.
PURPOSE: The Scholar-Athlete of the Month program recognizes exceptional student athletes who are performing well in the classroom and on the field. Each month, one senior high school athlete will be chosen as the Valley Bone & Joint Clinic Scholar-Athlete of the Month and awarded $500 to acknowledge their academic and athletic commitment.
AMOUNT: The Scholar-Athlete of the Month award recipients are awarded five hundred ($500) dollars.
CRITERIA: The following criteria will be used in selecting recipients:
- The applicant is a senior athlete who has earned a varsity letter in a sport.
- The applicant lives in eastern North Dakota or northwestern Minnesota.
- The applicant has a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Funds must be used for educational expenses.
- Upon notification as a winner, a parent/guardian must sign a waiver acknowledging the release of the winner’s name and photo to social media as well as media outlets for recognition.
Applications will be reviewed in three rounds. The application periods are August-October, November-January and February-March. The award can only be given to an applicant once. Each winner will be notified by mail upon being chosen as the Valley Bone & Joint Clinic Scholar-Athlete of the Month.